It is now time for each school district and each public library in New Jersey to submit the names of any students the district or public library wishes to recognize as Enthusiastic Readers. An Enthusiastic Reader:
- Exhibits an enthusiasm for reading
- Exhibits an enthusiasm for sharing books
- Uses books for a variety of purposes
- Reads independently on a voluntary basis
- Uses school and/or public libraries
Complete the application and Parent Permission slips located on the Enthusiastic Reader page of the NJASL Website. Include supporting evidence based on the criteria why you believe your candidate should be a 2016 Enthusiastic Reader.
Mail all documents to the ENTHUSIASTIC READER AWARD address listed. Packets must be postmarked by September 30, 2016.
Winners will be honored on Saturday, November 19 at the NJASL Fall Conference in Long Branch.